Friday, November 10, 2006

Bloody Saturday in Japan

Another month has gone by without a blog entry. I guess I am really bad at this. It's ok, though - no one reads it anyway.

What have I been doing, you ask? Well....Pretty much the same thing I was doing a month ago: working. I actually dropped my Thursday night shift at the restaurant, so I have a little bit more free time. I also started working out almost every day. I would like to lose my beer-belly before next summer. Maybe everyone will be really surprised. Probably not...I don't think anybody will know (or care).

Otherwise my life is still pretty much the same. I am a little older and a little more in debt.
I went to Kansas City a few weeks ago with Yuka. We had a lot of fun and spent a lot of money.
I have also been following this really sad story in the Japanese news: An elementary school student wrote a letter to the Ministry of Education promising to kill himself on Saturday if he keeps getting bullied. Well the MoE published his letter and is trying desperately to find this kid. At the same time, several other children are rallying behind the student and writing similar letters of their own. Everybody is trying to kill themselves on Saturday. I guess we will see what will happen.... (for anyone interested in the whole story, follow this link: http://www.japantoday.com/jp/news/389994 )

I also have been studying Kanji again. I found a really useful site to help with it. When I have time, I will get a link set up....

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey BB!
I am happy that you take Thursday night shift off...b/c we can hang out:)

Kansas City was so much FUN!!
We should save $$$ and plan for a next trip!!

7:33 AM  
Blogger Coal said...

Man, that is a pretty sad story. Kids can be so cruel.

But I'm glad to see you're still updating the blog. You must be pretty busy, working at school and at a restaurant. I graduate in December, so I've been applying around town. Cross your fingers -- I hope I get a jobby!

Keep up the good work, Craig-san.

1:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home