Monday, July 17, 2006

Hot, Hot Heat in Omaha

Hot, Hot Heat here in Omaha!

It is hot outside. It has been this way for about a week. This weekend was so bad that I didn't want to do anything - just stay home and rest. However....

On Friday, I was supposed to meet Amy and Kelly, but they never called. Yuka and I ended up going to the piano bar by ourselves. That was good, because the place was soooo packed, we had to stand for 20 minutes before a table opened up. By the time we left, Yuka and I (especially Yuka!!) were really drunk.

On Saturday, we just lazed around the house. I washed clothes and picked up my apartment, and at about 7, we went grocery shopping. I bought a bunch of stuff, and made: Chicken fried steak, Mash potatoes w/ gravy, Corn on the cob, Cucumbers in vinegar. It was great!! Later I took Yuka back to her apartment.

The next day I had work in the morning. It was really slow, probably because of the heat. I didn't make a whole lot of money, but I wasn't able to finish early, either. After that, I went home and played on the computer for about an hour or two, then went to Yuka's. We were planning on going to a BBQ later that night.

The party started at about 7:30 at Cunningham Lake (which is a giant, dry lake!!). There were a ton of people there, and we played catch and lacross. Lacross was much more difficult than I thought it would be. It was sooo hot that I was sweating just sitting in the grass. Porbably 95 degrees at 8:30 in the evening. We ended up eating a bunch of BBQ ribs. In the end, it was a fun night...even with the heat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home