Wednesday, May 17, 2006

I'm Back (for good this time, I think)

Hey y'all

It has been sooooo long since I updated this. I thought I was done with it, but the evil thing drew me back. Damn it!! .... Oh well, hopefully I can make it last this time.

What have I been doing in the past 6 months, you ask?? Well I'll tell you... Working!! Thats it. I work everyday during the week from 8:00 to 5:00, except now I am in summer hours from 7:30 - 4:30. I also recently started at the restaurant again on Wednesday and Thursday nights, as well as Sunday morning. I am actually working all day today. The restaurant is cake, though. But sometimes I have to work late. Sucks! I am so busy now that I have no time to work out, and I am getting fat again (sorry Yuka!!).

Today I am working all day at UNO and the restaurant. Hopefully, I will finish around 9 or 10, but if I finish early I will work on my computer. I have had sooo many problems with it recently. It kept overheating, so I cleaned it out with a can of air. I also bought a chill mat for it (basically a tray with fans that you can set the computer on). The power cord has not been working well, so I ordered a new one. Still hasn't arrived, yet. Then, on Sunday I was trying to upload pictures from my digital camera, but I counldn't for some god-forsaken reason. I think it is either the cord or the software. I might have deleted the software accidently when I was trying to fix my computer. Oops! The strange thing is that I re-installed the software, and it still wouldn't work. I borrowed a new cord from Yuka, so hopefully it will be fixed in the end.

On Friday Yuka and I will go to the Florence Days Celebration. My parents live in an area of Omaha called Florence. It used to be its own, small town, but then Omaha annexed it. They have celebrated Florence Days for over 150 years (or so I heard). There are a bunch of booths with food, games, and rides. There is also a beer garden for adults like me. I used to go every year when I was a kid, but I havent really been to one in at least 8 years. I think last year I saw part of the parade because I was in that area, but I didn't actually get to do anything fun. Here is a link for those who want to know more:
http://www.historicflorence.org/Events/Events2006/FlorenceDays2006.htm
The parade is on Saturday, and it finishes at 10 on Friday, so maybe I will go to a bar (Murphy's??) later. I think I will call Austin and see if he is free.

I will try to keep this updated as much as possible. Talk to everyone later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home