Saturday, August 27, 2005

Saturday Night

Yesturday was kind of fun. I went to work in the morning, and then I went to the mall. I bought 2 shirts, 2 T-shirts, and a pair of jeans. They all look cool and were really cheap. Later I went home and cleaned a little. At about 8:00 I picked up Yoko, Yuka, and Kana, and we went to the bar. We came back later, met more people, and went to a party.

Friday was Michi's birthday (Happy B-day, Michi), so we went to Dennis's house. The party was ok, and we left around 1:30.

Yoko is leaving on Sunday, so i hope she has a good time in South Dakota. Kana is now in California. Good luck everyone.

Here is a funny song about Christmas. It is from a whole album about X-mas by The Vandals. Every song on the CD is really funny, and I think in December (if i am still writing this...), I will put lyrics from most of the songs.

I don't believe in Santa Clause
His corporate image forced upon
The blinded spending masses
To enslave the lower classes
With obligatory gifts that serve
To cleanse a year of guilt and shame
One token gesture justifies
The apathetic, hypnotized
Leaving them to be Kris Kringle's slaves!
Buy! Buy!
I won't do it!!
The season's obligation has not my participation
Buy! Buy!
I won't do it!!
The money-hungry mating call of corporate swine
He monitors naughty and nice
Big brother is Saint Nick
Methodically his judgment made
Documented on his list
I don't believe in Santa Clause
Or his mystical facade
To teach the children wanton greed
Their lust for gifts becomes a need
Brainwashed by the marketing
And victims of the corporate scheme
Material possessions becoming their obsessions
Till human life has lost it's value
You blindly do just what they tell you
I don't believe!!!!
His tactics of intimidation repress the minds of youth
Using fear for generations, his image hides the truth
He's just a puppet for the system, a glutton in a suit
With Yuletide propaganda and a bearded mask to boot
The Vandals

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home