Thursday, August 25, 2005

Just a Thursday

Today was kind of a long day. I had class (and work) from 10 A.M. until 8:30 P.M. Nothing interesting really happened, except that I met Yoko.

We are going out tomorrow. She loves to drink, so it should be a good time.

After class, I went to Buffulo Wild Wings. I ordered take out and sat at the bar, waiting. I ordered a beer and lit a cigarrette. When i was putting the pack in my pocket, a drunk girl jumped and grabbed the smokes. It was halfway in my pocket, but she pulled them out and opened the pack. She asked if she could have one, and I said yes. Then she asked if she could have two. I agreed and she took them. She was really drunk and kept hitting on me. I just ignored her until she went away. The whole thing was really funny.

Anyways... I have decided to put a poem, or song, or something on my blog to make it more interesting. If you like it, let me know (or send me some and I will post it). Unfortunately, most of the ones I know are kind of dark. Sorry....

Here is one by Stephen Crane, author of The Red Badge of Courage. I can identify with it, sometimes. It is really dark.

In the desert
I saw a creature, naked, bestial,
who, squatting upon the ground,
Held his heart in his hands,
And ate of it.
I said, "Is it good, friend?"
"It is bitter -- bitter," he answered;
"But I like it
Because it is bitter,
And because it is my heart."

Stephen Crane

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home